Monday, January 10, 2011

What are the habits 2 success?

          In this age of fast changing internet trends and algorithms, it's easy to get caught up by all of the street corner, soapbox gurus of the internet.  You know who they are.  They are the guys professing to know all of the secrets that Google, Yahoo, and Amazon don't want you to know.  Learn the secret algorithm here, and don't buy that until you know this, style snake oil salesmen.

           However, true success on the internet relys on some simple habits that will make all the difference from being ranked number 1 or number 100.  As the importance of being ranked is diminishing with the creation of personal and global search, the underlying principles still ring true.

          Right about now you're asking yourself,  Chris, what does this have to do with habits?  Shouldn't you talk more about the concepts and principles?

          My answer to you is, absolutely not.  Too many times (in my opinion) people learn the principles of successful internet traffic and either NEVER apply that knowledge, or they simply DO IT INCORRECTLY.

So what's the difference?

          I use myself as an example.  I have started a number of blogs throughout the years and many of the concepts that I came up with were great.  I have one that I wanted to use to inspire struggling fathers to remember that family is the reason they work so hard and to not neglect them.  I wanted to offer tips and techniques to remember birthdays, anniversaries, disciplinary tips, etc...  I learn all of the principles, and concepts of how to be successful at it but I lacked the discipline to carry through fully with anything.

          I started blogging every other day, then every other month, then only twice a year.  I didn't develop the habits of a successful blogger to be able to implement the principles and concepts.  No matter what tips and tricks can be attained through deceptive internet guru techniques, the fact remains true, when you do the right things long enough, you will be successful.

          Through this blog I will be sharing with you some of the habits of some of the most successful internet entities.  My opinions in this blog will be just that.  MY opinions.  I always welcome healthy debate as a means of education and learning.  I am not however here to argue with those that have exact opposing views.  So if you feel your opinion is the exact polar opposite of mine, and you wish to be mean and nasty about it, feel free to about face and not look back.

          With that being said I look forward to exploring the world of proper internet habits and behaviors that when applied long enough will help you transfer your projects from good to great!

No comments:

Post a Comment